Thursday, April 29, 2010

Aww...

My little Emma. The child is such a gift.
Just a quick note today to share her thoughts, and remember them later, as I tend to forget.

We've been listening to country singer Carrie Underwood lately. I don't have a radio in my van, the antenna came off in an ice storm in Iowa a few years ago. So we buy our tunes and I STILL haven't spent on CD's what it would have cost me to have it fixed. Besides, this way, no commercials, and not being totally aware of the awful things that happen in the news of our world isn't so terrible.

So Emma and I are getting into the car to go to school, and as she buckles up, she makes her song request. With a smile and a please. She wanted the song, I believe titled, "Temporary Home" by Carrie Underwood.

A beautiful song. I still almost cry every time.

And Emma chimes in and says, "Mom, can we listen to that Townhouse Song".
I DID cry at that one.

I love that kid.

Her little innocence always brightens my day and reminds me, today, that this time in our life, this time in our townhouse, is just temporary.

No comments:

Post a Comment