Sunday, June 23, 2013

Breathing Again

Hello....

Is anyone still there?

It's been over a year since I have written. It very much surprises me how much time has gone by, and it saddens me too. So much has happened over this past year. Big things, little things, all things. And no where do I have any kind of record of it. Well, I have over a thousand pictures I guess. Still on my phone or computer, of course. But as much as "a picture is worth a thousand words", there is nothing quite like a story.

So, I come back. To write again. The stories, the thoughts, the whatever. I need to.

Recently I read a pretty fun and terrific book.

Glennon Doyle Melton is my newest hero. Her blog Momastery is a happy place I can go to. For whatever reason, I guess I needed someone to give me permission to be me. Imperfect me. And she gave me her blessing. And I love her. And I loved her book! The whole thing is lovely. But the one line that pierced my heart was her comparing reading and writing to breathing.

She said that for her, reading was the inhale and writing was the exhale. (I just loaned out the book to a friend, so I am paraphrasing her here.)

Those words could not have better described me. It made me feel a huge breath of relief come from deep within when I read that. She knew me. And at the same time it took my breath away.

It was an "a-ha" moment. THAT'S what has been missing!

It's been a long year. It's been many long years. And then this one line comes into my life, and gives me hope. All the "stuff" stuffed down, it needs to come out. I need to breathe again. I need to exhale. I need to, because without writing, without getting it out... I have been gasping. Suffocating. Drowning at times.

There have moments I have been so lost. So today I am re-finding. I am being a story teller again. That's what I do. I tell stories. To share. To treasure. To remember. Maybe to make people laugh. Maybe to touch people's hearts.

Even if for no one else, I will do it because I have missed it. I have missed being able to just breathe.

Hello again.

D



1 comment:

  1. I am SO happy you are back!!!!!!! I will see you on Friday!!!!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete