Monday, February 22, 2010

Books in the Box

We have MANY Books.
I Love Books.She Loves Books.
So does she.

And they are his Favorite!!


I started packing this week, finally.



I don't have any clue how moms work. I had a little part time cleaning job, I fell behind in things at home, and I had to quit- just so I could pack, move, get re-settled and prepare a "home" for Anthony to recover in. I am so overwhelmed right now.


And I am doubting so much.

Should we even do this?

Maybe we should move somewhere else entirely?

Maybe we should go back to Iowa?

I still feel like my life, and our children's lives, are still there.
Like we left them there, forgetting to pack them.


We started with books last night.
We are seriously downsizing, so I thought maybe it's time to weed out some books.
I think of our couple hundred, I got rid of 12.


But something was so wonderful about it.
Not putting them in a box, but going through them all.
Have you ever taken the time to look at the books you used to read to your kids?
What an amazing trip!

I ran my fingers over the covers and pages of my life.
"Hush Little Baby" - the one I read to Anthony in the hospital when he was born,
and Bella when she had RSV.

"Little Prayers" - Every night to Bella, it was a favorite of hers.
All the sesame street books I grew up loving, and then sharing with little ones on my lap.

Anthony and his "little critter" books he loved, and I loved reading.

There were books from when he was born that helped me through those first hard months.

There were books from the late night with earaches and coughing.

There were books that Anthony and Bella learned to read from,
and some that Emma is learning on.

There were Bella's first chapter books,
and many of the 40 she read to earn her American Girl Doll.


There is even one that was so loved, that when Bella, as a little toddler, got sick one night while it was in her bed, I just cut off the contaminated pages and we kept it.

There is also the series I bought for all of them, that they all just loved, still love, that I bought for them 2 years before any of them came into the picture.



All these books of hope, dreams, real life, and love went into the boxes. And they will go into the new house. Where yet, I am not sure. But THAT part of my life IS coming with.


We've been here almost 2 years, and it's been awful for a lot of it.
But those books reminded me of greater and happier times.

Who knows what will happen next?

I know one thing for sure,

Books and daisies are going to a major part of the decor, even if that's all that will fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment