Saturday, June 13, 2009

What a compliment!!

Back in April I went to a conference of Dr. Tim Kimmel's. He is a writer and has sold over 750,000 books. I think his philosophies of raising children is amazing and has changed my life, and the lives of my kids. After the conference I got an email asking for feedback for the conference. If you scroll down I wrote a story about an incident and breakthrough with Anthony. Well, I sent in that same story as my feedback. I had totally forgotten about it until I got an email just the other day.

Dr. Tim Kimmel himself liked the story so much that he read it to his staff and his board of directors. I guess all were very moved by my story. This email was asking my permission to use the story in future presentations!! Dr. Tim Kimmel wanted MY story!!!!!! I couldn't believe it.

I have loved writing for years, and many people have blessed me with their comments about how they like what I write too. I have been challenged by many to write a book. Often I think about it, and I browse through the bookstores and I think - How could I ever get a book off these shelves??? Everybody writes a book these days!! And there isn't a story that hasn't been told it seems like.

I always felt so discouraged. But now, with the huge compliment from a writer I respect so very much, I feel more than encouraged. I might actually be able to do it!

Now - if only I could figure out what to write about. Mmm??

No comments:

Post a Comment